Going “Beyond The Interview”
You can also listen on your mobile device on
ABOUT THIS EPISODE
Our guests on this episode are two LA journalists turned entrepreneurs who explore social issues, even those that we get uncomfortable talking about. As you, our aspiring and rising leaders, it is you who has the burden to bear to break down these social barriers and address these topics, rather than ignore them, as so many of us do. It is those of us who have a platform and who other’s look up to, that can make a difference in how we view these issues as well as what we choose to do about them. So let’s get comfortable with getting uncomfortable as we listen to our guests and gain insights into how to be a leader in the hard to lead areas of life.
ABOUT OUR GUESTS
…are the founders of Beyond The Interview (BTI). The publication is a highly curated collection of interviews, essays, and social news.
At ‘Beyond The Interview’, they break the rules, not just because they are in charge and make the rules to begin with, but because when they interview their subjects, they are brutally upfront about non-taboo topics, yet somehow cultivate a comfort to talk about them. They connect on a deeper level with their subjects and throw themselves emotionally into their stories which is exactly what journalism school taught them not to do. They are what you could call the epitome of the rebel millennial, reshaping the status quo. They have covered topics such as mental health, suicide, cheating, rape, the lack of racial representation etc. They have been featured in The Hollywood Reporter, Los Angeles Business Journal, The Huffington Post, among others.
OUR GUEST’S WORDS OF WISDOM
- The only way to get through to another person is to take off your own mask, so they take down theirs.
- Whatever you put your mind to, eventually you’ll make it in some capacity.
- You can’t do everything by yourself. If you have a team or a partner, you can get more stuff done.
- Your product doesn’t have to be perfect. Just get it out there. Launch soft. You can always perfect it later.
- Don’t get in your own way.
- Don’t put yourself before the brand. Put the brand before you.
- If you want to do something, just do it.
- It’s tough, but it’s worth it in the end.
LEARN MORE OR GET IN TOUCH!